It seems like it just happens – one day you look in the mirror and there they are – fine lines, and dare we even say, wrinkles. You think to yourself “I’m not that old” (and we agree with you because neither are we), yet none-the-less there are the lines laughing and mocking from the other side of the mirror.
So what’s a girl to do?
Yah. Fight back! That’s why we compiled this list of 20 Simple Wrinkle Erasers that are sure to get you back to your younger looking self in no time.
Yes, yes, wrinkles are just the natural process of things. They are caused when the of the collagen and elastin, that keep our skin looking firm and youthful, begin to decline. Cell production and cell quality also diminish over time resulting in wrinkles. These factors unfortunately are out of our control.
Diets can slow down the process. Remarkable products like Modere Liquid Biocell can delay it for decades. (Hallelujah! Read our full report here.) Even so there are simple things we can all do to help ourselves.
The influences that are within our control are largely environmental such as pollution and sun damage. Here are 20 easy ways to reduce wrinkles and slow down the aging process.
- Stop smoking (It’s #1 for a reason)
- Always wear sunscreen whether it’s cloudy or sunny and don’t sunbake.
- Hydrate your skin by drinking about 8 glasses of water a day.
- Use skincare products with antioxidants – check out our 9 Essential Skincare Favorites.
- Moisturize the skin on your face twice daily.
- Reduce stress. Try reading, exercising, meditating or other simple remedies that won’t cost you a fortune.
- Reduce alcohol use. Over-indulging can put enormous strain on your system and will accelerate the formation of wrinkles.
- Eat healthily by incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
- Eat fish three times a week. Great for the skin and overall health.
- Check with your doctor about taking supplements, your diet may be lacking some of the important ones.
- Use an eye gel like this one for the delicate skin around the eyes nightly.
- Facial scrubs remove the build up of dead cells that can increase the appearance of wrinkles, try this weekly.
- Use natural skin care products that will nourish your skin and give it lots of vitamins and minerals to help it stay fresh and healthy.
- Jojoba oil resembles the skins natural oils. Dab this around the eyes to keep wrinkles at bay.
- Take vitamin C supplements and use products that contain vitamin C, it will help boost your collagen.
- Start a good skincare routine as soon as possible. Prevention is easier than the cure.
- Honey is known worldwide for it’s beneficial abilities. Use a honey mask weekly. Simply apply the honey to your face and neck and leave for 30 minutes then rinse off. This mask will “feed” your skin with nutrients.
- Aloe Vera and Avocado oil both have the ability to prevent the skin from drying out; they are both used to improve the skins elasticity.
- A soothing way to help achieve a wrinkle-free face is to lie on your back with your knees elevated by placing a pillow or cushion beneath them. Try this when you are watching TV or reading.